We hope everyone is safe & well, and we want you to know we are there for you. Starting this week, we’ll be posting supportive information, resources and thoughts for you to view and share with others. Additionally, we would love to hear about any resources you have. Please feel free to reach out to Gordon Sauer at [email protected].
Together, we will get through this!
Tips for coping with challenging times:
The tips below have been compiled from GAAMC members and friends as well as other sources. Please feel free to send any tips you might have to Gordon Sauer at [email protected].
- Avoid watching or reading news about COVID-19 that makes you feel anxious
- Limit reading or watching news about COVID-19 to once or twice a day
- Get the facts about COVID-19 and share them with others. Check reputable sites such as the CDC for information
- Take care of yourself—eat healthy, get enough sleep and regular exercise. Consider deep breathing, stretching and meditation exercises
- Do things you enjoy, such as reading a book, watching a movie or going for a walk
- Reach out to family and friends. Share your feelings with them
- Aim to be positive and optimistic
- Show appreciation of healthcare workers
- Be grateful
- It’s okay to do only what you can. You don’t have to be a hero
- Find humor and send it to others
- Be aware of beautiful things (like a sunny day, or a beautiful tree).
- April 13, 2020 at 12:00pm – 3pm