Join a panel of local activists/heroes as they discuss one of the most important topics of our lives, suicide prevention.
WHEN: Thursday, September 24th 7:00-8:30 p.m.
WHERE: Morris Township Webinar:
Webinar ID: 818 1001 6256
WHAT: Hosted by Mayor Cathy Wilson, all are invited to join as we gather virtually for an honest
conversation about suicide and how to prevent it. Presenters for this evening’s event include:
- Len Resto, survivor, will share his personal story.
- The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP) will help us learn about depression and risk
factors for suicide.
- Moms Demand Action will educate us on one thing you can do when a loved one is in crisis.
- Time for Q and A from the audience will be provided after each presenter.
ABOUT LEN RESTO: Len Resto is a well-known survivor speaker and an avid supporter of AFSP’s mission and work. He
currently serves on the Chatham Borough Council. Len is a multiterm trustee on GAAMC's Board of Trustees, where he currently serves as our Secretary.
ABOUT AMERICAN FOUNDATION FOR SUICIDE PREVENTION (AFSP): Established in 1987, the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention is a respected organization that gives
those affected by suicide a nationwide community empowered by research, education, and advocacy to take
action against this leading cause of death.
ABOUT MOMS DEMAND ACTION FOR GUN SENSE IN AMERICA: Moms Demand Action was created by a mother of five, Shannon Watts, after the devastating shooting at
Sandy Hook Elementary School. Moms Demand Action is a nonpartisan organization that is dedicated to ending gun violence in all of its forms – including suicide.
- September 24, 2020 at 7:00pm – 8:30pm