This week, Liz will be presenting an overview of the three major celebrations during this spring season:
- The ancient pagan origins and rituals of Easter, the introduction of Christianity, the symbols including those religious and secular: Easter bunnies, baskets, PEEPS, colored eggs, etc.
- The origin and celebration of Passover, the Seder, the traditional foods and the "four questions"
- The meaning and significance of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, the food, fasting, why the date changes, and how to greet Muslim friends.
Liz doesn't claim to be an expert in any of these areas, but has done some research and will share what she's found. She will also bring some items from her personal collection to share: palms from Palm Sunday, woven palms, and pysanky (pisanki), the ornately and intricately decorated Easter eggs of eastern Europe (Slovakia, Ukraine, Poland).
- April 10, 2023 at 6:00pm – 9pm
- Morristown Unitarian Fellowship
- 1 person is going